The PRTC periodically sponsors research institutes and extended workshops, often in collaboration with community partners.
For information on upcoming workshops and institutes or to inquire about collaboration with the PRTC, contact the Test Library at (604) 822-1364 or email us at: email@example.com.
ADOS-2 & ADI-R Training Workshops
May 29 – June 4, 2017
The Psychoeducational Research and Training Centre (PRTC) at the University of British Columbia is collaborating with the Pacific Family Autism Network and Able Developmental Clinic to sponsor clinical training workshops in ADOS-2 and ADI-R with Dr. Jennifer Olson, a certified ADOS-2 and ADI-R trainer.
- May 29 – 30: a 2-day clinical training workshop on the Autism Diagnostic Interview-Revised (ADI-R). Instruction and practice in administration and scoring of the ADI-R, including live and video case studies. Observation of live administration of the ADI-R and consensus coding experience.
- May 31 – June 1: a 2-day clinical ADOS-2 training providing instruction and practice in administration and scoring of Modules 1-4 of the ADOS-2, including live administrations of the ADOS-2, with participants observing live and video administrations and engaging in consensus coding.
- June 2: a 1-day clinical ADOS-2 Toddler Module training providing instruction and practice in administration and scoring of the ADOS-2 Toddler module, with participants observing live and video administrations and engaging in consensus coding.
- June 3-4: a 2-day clinical ADOS-2 refresher training providing advanced instruction and practice in administration and scoring of the ADOS-2, including live administrations of the ADOS-2, with participants observing live and video administrations and engaging in consensus coding. This workshop is intended for participants who have had instruction and practice with the ADOS-2 and want additional administration and coding training.
Participants will need to have access to an ADOS-2 Manual and ADI-R Manual for the related workshops. Participants can order and pay for a personal copy of ADOS-2 manual ($135.00) or ADI-R manual ($82.00) at the time of registration (Must be ordered and paid at registration now with delivery at the workshop).
A limited number of seats are available for each workshop. Registration after May 15th only if space permits.
|Workshop||Date||Cost before May 15th||Cost after May 15th|
May 29 – 30
|ADOS-2 Intro Module 1-4||May 31 – June 1||$700.00||$750.00|
|ADOS-2 Toddler Module||June 2||$350.00||$400.00|
|ADOS-2 Refresher||June 3-4||$700.00||$750.00|
Pre-registration is required for the workshop. Registration includes workshop, materials, practice protocols & light morning and afternoon refreshments. Lunch is on your own.
To register for a workshop, indicate which workshops you will attend and submit your name, phone number and email address to the PRTC and make arrangements for payment:
- In person at the PRTC – 1100 Scarfe Building, UBC, 2125 Main Mall, Vancouver, (credit card or cheque made out to UBC)
- by phone: 604-822-1364 (credit card)
- by mail: Psychoeducational Research & Training Centre, 1100 Scarfe Building, 2125 Main Mall, UBC, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4 (cheque made out to UBC)
Note that registration is not complete until payment is received and your registration is confirmed.
The PRTC is open 10 am – 7 pm M-Th and 10 am-2:45 pm Fri/Sat
Workshops will occur in the Pacific Family Autism Network facility 3688 Cessna Drive, Richmond, B.C. V7B 1C7
Sign-in is at 8:15 – 8:30 each day, workshops run from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with morning, lunch, and afternoon breaks. Lunch on your own.
The workshop is presented by: Jennifer Endre Olson, PsyD. Dr. Olson is a certified ADOS-2 and ADI-R trainer and has provided training to a number of practitioners in British Columbia.
J.Olson Consulting Group • Center for Young Children with Autism
(please put in subject line “ADOS-2 ADI-R Workshops”).
PREPaRE School Crisis Prevention and Intervention Workshops
Presenters: Dr. Amanda Nickerson PhD, NCSP, University at Albany, NY and Dr. Stephen Brock PhD, NCSP, California State University, Sacramento, CA
Workshop 1 – Crisis Prevention and Preparedness: comprehensive School Safety Planning
Workshop 2 – Crisis Intervention and Recovery: The Roles of School-Based Mental Health Professionals
July 10, 11-12, 2012
Understanding Anxiety: Symptom Presentation and Treatment
Dr. Melissa Robichaud, February 17th, 10:00, Scarfe Building Room 310
Social Emotional-Learning series
A series of SEL related workshops was offered in the summer of 2011. The PRTC in partnership with the Edith Landau Charitable Foundation, The Attias Family Foundation, & The Edward D. and Anna Mitchell Family Foundation sponsored a week of workshops on the topic of social-emotional learning. Speakers included : Dr. Marc Brackett (Yale University), Dr. Bonnie Leadbeater (University of Victoria), Ms. Amy Walkder (Commitee for Children, Seattle, WA), and Diane Gossens (Saskatoon, SK).For further details abou these workshops click here.
Assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorders series
A second ADOS training session for individuals with ADOS administration experience was offered May 25-26 (Wed.-Thurs.), 2011.
Advanced Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) Level I, held December 6-7, 2010. Advanced Diagnostic Interview Revised (ADIR) Level I, held December 8-9, 2010.